Alten Construction worked with Interactive Resources and the City of Novato to restore and relocate its old city hall building on a busy thoroughfare in historic, downtown Novato. This historic building was originally built in 1896 as Novato's first Presbyterian Church, and it served as the city hall starting in 1963. However, in 2005, the building was closed for safety reasons. In 2009, Alten Construction restored the city hall. A new concrete foundation was placed; the existing, wood-framed building was moved approximately twelve feet north; and historic finishes were preserved and replaced. Additionally, as part of this construction project, Alten Construction installed new solar roof shingles, demolished two buildings and lowered another existing building to a modified, existing foundation. Then a new building was constructed to link the two structures. Comprehensive site work was also performed, including utilities, paving, irrigation and planting.